DE GRUYTER OPEN
De Gruyter Open Ltd.
Value added tax identification number: PL9521878738
Managing Directors: Dr. Anke Beck, Jacek Ciesielski
A new peer-reviewed, open access academic journal Open Philosophy(https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/opphil ), published by De Gruyter Open, part of De Gruyter publishing group focused on publishing in Open Access, invites applications for editorial positions.
Open Philosophy is an international Open Access, peer-reviewed academic journal covering all areas of philosophy. The objective of Open Philosophy is to foster free exchange of ideas and provide an appropriate platform for presenting, discussing and disseminating new concepts, current trends, theoretical developments and research findings related to the broadest philosophical spectrum. The journal does not favour any particular philosophical school, perspective or methodology.
Currently we are looking for:
*** SECTION EDITORS
· specialization in a specific branch of philosophy
· computer and Internet proficiency
· fluent English, other major international languages would be an asset
· home computer and internet connection
· time for occasional editorial work
Specific editorial experience not required, but understanding of academic publishing is an asset.
The position requires occasional work and is not remunerated.
Ideal candidate profile:
- PhD or PhD student
- native English speaker
- computer and Internet proficiency
Language Editors correct and improve the language of submitted manuscripts. They work remotely using their computer and internet connection. They work part-time and are not remunerated.
- detect and correct inadvertent errors, mistakes in grammar, spelling, syntax and punctuation
- improving the style of English, polishing fluency, providing internal language consistency throughout the entire document
The Editors will have opportunity to acquire experience and understanding of professional academic publishing. Their names will be added to the list of Editors on our website and they may be provided with certificates of collaboration.
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications to the Managing Editor Dr. Katarzyna Tempczyk at email@example.com with “Section/Language Editor / [name of the section]” in subject line.
Updates on MAP and MAP-related happenings.
Please contact us here for suggestions, comments, or job postings.