Applications are invited for a lecturer in the Arts and Humanities Division at Babson College. Babson students are enrolled in both liberal arts and management courses throughout their four undergraduate years. Candidates must be qualified and willing to teach both a range of philosophy courses for non-majors as well as first-year writing courses. The proportion of philosophy and writing courses will vary annually, depending on scheduling needs. In addition to their teaching duties, candidates should expect to participate in Rhetoric Program activities including but not limited to learning outcomes assessment, curriculum development, or faculty development activities. The position starts on September 1, 2018 with a normal teaching load of 6 courses per year (split between philosophy and rhetoric) and with expectations of intellectual vitality and service to the College.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Please include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and letters of reference in the application. Additional materials might be requested after initial screening. Review of applications will begin on February 19 and will continue until the position is filled.
We are looking for an accomplished teacher with:
• PhD. or ABD
• Demonstrated success in teaching a range of philosophy courses
• Demonstrated success in the teaching of writing at the college level
• Areas of specialization that might include ancient philosophy, Asian philosophy, African philosophy, continental philosophy or rhetoric.
• Experience in teaching, service, and scholarship in ways that will enhance the college’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Engagement as a colleague who is committed to the success of Babson College.
Read more here.
Leave a Reply.
Updates on MAP and MAP-related happenings.
Please contact us here for suggestions, comments, or job postings.