The role of International Organizers is largely to facilitate the success of MAP chapters and oversee the development of the larger organization. Thus, responsibilities include: conferencing regularly with other Organizers, making decisions on the growth of MAP regions and projects, coordinating with outside organizations (like the APA or funders), responding to chapter funding requests, updating the website and social media pages, collating lists of chapter activities, publishing newsletters and reports, touching base with chapter organizers, and more. In addition, MAP has recently started to initiate collaboration with National High School Ethics Bowl. Organizers receive a modest honorarium for their work.
Criteria for applying:
- Must be a current graduate student
- Will be able to be an active organizer for at least 2 years*
- Must have been involved with MAP chapter and/or MAP-related or MAP-adjacent outreach (including Ethics Bowl)
- Additional organizing experience (e.g. with non-profit organizations, departmental service responsibilities, etc.) is a plus (please highlight in CV or statement of interest and indicate your role)
Submit a Statement of Interest and CV as a single PDF by June 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘MAP Application.’
- Your statement of interest should be no longer 2 pages double-spaced. It should explain why you are interested in the the role of MAP International Organizer and why you would be a good fit for it. You should also detail past MAP or related experiences.
We will notify all applicants by August 1, 2018. Start date is approximately September 1, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.