The role of International Organizers is largely to facilitate the success of MAP chapters and oversee the development of the larger organization. Thus, responsibilities include: conferencing regularly with other Organizers, making decisions on the growth of MAP regions and projects, coordinating with outside organizations (like the APA or funders), responding to chapter funding requests, updating the website and social media pages, collating lists of chapter activities, collecting resources, touching base with chapter organizers, and more.
Criteria for applying:
- Must be a current graduate student
- Will be able to be an active organizer for a 2-year term
- Must be entering 3rd year or below of a PhD program
- Must be based in North America
- Must have been involved with MAP chapter and/or MAP-related outreach
- Additional organizing experience (e.g. with non-profit organizations, departmental service responsibilities, etc.) is a plus
- please highlight in CV or statement of interest and indicate your role, and
- provide contact information of a reference with whom you've organized
Submit a Statement of Interest, CV, and contact information (name and email) of a reference as a single PDF by August 8, 2019 to email@example.com with the subject line ‘MAP Application.’
- Your statement of interest should be no longer 2 pages double-spaced. It should explain why you are interested in the the role of MAP International Organizer and why you would be a good fit for it. You should also detail past MAP or related experiences.
We will notify all applicants by August 20, 2019. Start date is approximately September 1, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.